Thursday, July 31, 2008

ALASKA

We have just returned from a little vacation--Jason spent a week back in Alaska with Jeff, Josh, and Iva's husband Kurtis. Since they flew out of Las Vegas, I headed down to St. George and had a little vacation with my family and the kids! Jason is a fishermen at heart and he definitely feels at home in Alaska (Although I love Alaska, I am the reason we will not be living there permanently!) Anyway, they had a great time and caught lots of fish! We now have a nice supply of fresh Alaskan Salmon and Halibut! Yeah!

Jason's friend Matt took the boys out King fishing on the Kenai River. Jason couldn't have asked for a better trip--he caught a 61 pound King Salmon. It took everyone in the boat helping to bring it in! He must have had the magic touch--he went King fishing the next day while Jeff, Josh and Kurtis went Halibut fishing, and he ended up catching another King (30pounder). You are only allowed to catch two King Salmon every year, so Jason was pretty excited! Notice Jason's friend Matt--I think he looks like a true Alaskan! :)



Jason does not enjoy fishing in the ocean, so he stayed behind while the others went Halibut fishing. They caught 15 Halibut! (they could only keep two each)


Hanging out on the river!



Back in St.George we also had a great time hanging out with all the family and animals! As you can see Kate was very excited to feed the bottle to the baby calf!



Notice the large bruise on Will's forehead. He fell out of the car onto the cement. He is our little accident waiting to happen!



Zach wasn't too thrilled about the picture taking!

5 comments:

Boo and Sara said...

I love all of the pictures! Poor Will, the cement got him really good. Can't wait to see you and the kids.

Des said...

It sounds like you had a good time. Isn't it nice to go home again every once in a while? I miss St. George, but I don't miss the crazy heat down there.

Lindsey said...

I'm pretty jealous of the Alaska trip...and all that fresh fish! Just so you know; if you invite us over for a fish fry we'll say yes.

I have to admit, I laughed pretty hard at poor little Will. He really has some bad luck. I hope to one day see him without a a runny nose or face trauma:) What a cute kid.

Anonymous said...

Looks like the fishing trip was completely successful. It's was son fun to get together a few weeks ago. By the way-thanks for the pizza. Next time I'll buy. You guys are amazing. Call me sometime soon.

SPENCERS said...

Jason, 61 pounds? Holy FISH, that's amazing! And 2 fat kings in 2 days...save some for the little people!
And Amelia, those little ones are so dang cute and you look great!